Rashes and irritations are the most common side effects of waxing due to the intense force that is applied when pulling out the hair by the roots. The intensity of the irritation and the rashes will, however, depend on the choice of the spa as well as the aesthetician who will be carrying out the process.
The right choice of waxing spa in North Ogden will depend on the level of experience and qualifications of the aesthetician, the type of wax used, as well as the level of hygiene of the tools being used in the waxing.
If you develop rashes after the waxing, here is a guide on how you will get rid of them:
- Use of an ointment: Applying a lotion that has ingredients such as aloe vera gel, vitamin E or tea tree will help in soothing the irritated skin and also get rid of the rashes. The above ingredients contain anti-bacterial properties and this means they will protect against the occurrence of an infection on the waxed skin.
- Taking a warm shower: The use luke-warm water to wash the part of the body that has post-waxing rashes will help in soothing any irritation and also reduce the appearance of the rashes. Avoid scrubbing or exfoliating the skin as this will make the condition worse. You should also use a hydrating cleanser to help in the removal of any wax that may have remained after the waxing hair removal process.
- Application of a cold compress: Placing a cloth dipped in cold water will help in reducing the irritation and reddening of the skin. You can use ice cubes that will be wrapped in a piece of cloth as well.
- Avoid excessive touching: Unless when you are applying an ointment or a cold compress to the waxed skin, avoid touching it especially with dirty hands as this could lead to the spread of a bacterial infection.
- Avoid wearing tight clothing: After a waxing hair removal process, you should avoid wearing very tight clothes as this will intensify the friction and the irritation and also make the rashes worse. It is advisable to put on clean and loose clothing after the waxing to help in keeping the irritation as minimal as possible.
- If you just had a bikini wax, you should avoid having sexual intercourse immediately after the waxing. This is a physical exercise that will intensify the irritation, making the condition worse than it was before.
Exposure of the waxed skin to direct sunlight will also worsen the condition especially immediately after the treatment. If you must go out in the sun, apply a sunscreen lotion to protect the irritated skin.
The rashes that result from a waxing hair removal that has been done in a professional spa in North Ogden will only last for a few days and then clear away. It is always advisable to avoid having a waxing hair removal done when a major occasion is almost due. You should also give yourself an allowance so that if there will be any rashes or irritation, they will have cleared off before the time for the occasion comes.